Saturday, July 7, 2012


I'm not sure how old I was when I learned the word "wanderlust", but I knew the instant I did, that I had it... big time!
A German word, Wanderlust is defined as "a strong desire to travel," and is closely associated with another German word that I love - Fernweh, which literally translates to "farsickness" or "an ache for distant places". For me, it translates to a strong desire to go, well....everywhere!
That's right, I want to go to every single place listed on that signpost, and back again. Tokyo via India? You betcha! Tokyo via the North Pole? Absolutely! Rome, Johannesburg, Madrid, London, Paris? Count me in! I want to sail, go on safari, shop the medinas, and ride the rails. I want to bike in Amsterdam, sip wine in Tuscany and see the ballet in Moscow. I want to start at one end of the country (any country!) and end at the other, stopping a million places in between. Prague, Portland, Paris, Poughkeepsie - please! It seems there's no end to places I want to go and things I want to see.
But how about you? Where would you go if you had no limitations? No budget constraints, a restriction-less vacation? I'm dying to know, what's your dream destination??

No comments:

Post a Comment