Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fine Art in Photography, the art of seeing

Two of the most frustrated trades are dentists and photographers - dentists because they want to be doctors, and photographers because they want to be painters. Picasso

Actually, I'm not all that interested in the subject of photography. Once the picture is in the box, I'm not all that interested in what happens next. Hunters, after all, aren't cooks. Henri Cartier Bresson

I trust pictures, but no pictures made in my world - because I know what goes on. Naomi Campbell

Interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art. Susan Sontag


Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art. Ansel Adams

I paint when I cannot photograph. Man Ray

In every photographer there was a painter, a true artist, awaiting expression. Pablo Picasso

If it is practiced by a man of taste, the photograph will have the appearance of art (but) the photographer must... intervene as little as possible, so as not...to lose the objective charm which it naturally possesses. Henri Matisse



No comments:

Post a Comment